All About LTP
All GMC registered doctors with a license to practice
need annual appraisals to maintain their license. Appraisals are part of the revalidation process and we will strive to make your life easy by offering the best doctors appraisal
services and streamline the process for you, provide timely and appropriate advice and support you throughout the process.
What is Revalidation?
Every doctor who is fully registered with a license to practise now needs to revalidate regularly in a 5-year cycle, demonstrating that they are keeping up to date and practicing safely. This includes doctors in foundation year two and specialty training.
Revalidation actually only takes place once every 5 years, but will be based on the evidence you are providing every year at your annual appraisal process. Therefore each year, there will be an assessment of Fitness to Practise at each appraisal. Revalidation encompasses the full scope of a doctor’s work, for trained as well as training doctors, which includes any other work carried out by a doctor, including locum work, voluntary work as a doctor etc.
Dr Omar Ghazanfar
is our team leader at LTP. He is a trained GMC approved appraiser. Apart from his clinical work as an Emergency Medicine Physician
he works extensively within the NHS on various aspects of Appraisal and Revalidation. He underwent his revalidation in the first year of its conception and is revalidated with a licence to practice to 2019.
His roles within the NHS include:
- Specialty Doctor Emergency Medicine, Wexham Park Hospital
- SAS Appraisal and Revalidation Lead, Wexham Park Hospital
- Senior Leadership Fellow, Wexham Park Hospital
- Medical Appraisal Advisor for SAS and Trust Doctors NHS England, London
- South of England Representative for Appraisal and Revalidation to the CEM
- Revalidation Fellow Health Education Thames Valley (Previously Oxford Deanery)
- SAS Article 14 Fellow in Emergency Medicine Health Education Thames Valley (Previously Oxford Deanery)
- Full Member of the Faculty of Medical Leadership & Management (Royal College of Physicians, England)